Sunday 15 September 2013

Dominos Spicy Baked Chicken

So I was strolling across the food court at DB Mall, Bhopal and was getting confused between Dominos and KFC! (A foodie’s eternal dilemma!) Finally I talked myself into trying something new at Dominos. I was going through the “sides menu” and zeroed upon two options: The Lebanese Rolls or Spicy Baked Chicken! I wanted to try the Lebanese Rolls but as I was about to place the order, my initial inclination towards KFC made me say, “Spicy Baked Chicken please!”

I was given the bill and asked to wait for my number to appear. As soon as I left the counter I realized that I had made a stupid choice. “Prateek! If you wanted to have chicken, why didn’t you buy from the place which HAS the word “chicken” in its name??” So I had to reason with myself that this way I would have tried something new at Dominos and probably get the feel of having chicken legs and compare it to KFC! Oh who am I kidding! No way Dominos could do a KFC here! Between all this self talk, my order arrived. Not coming in with high expectations, I sat down to deal with what I had done. When you make a choice, you deal with the consequences!

You know how you have a gut feeling about your decision that it’s going to suck real bad? Well, my guts were pleasantly surprised and so was my tongue as well as my stomach! This dish turned out to be really good! It is definitely better than the chicken wings that Dominos serve and let me go out on a limb here but I liked it better than the Fiery Grilled Chicken at KFC! Yes, I have said it and I totally mean it!

The taste, texture, aroma and “the spice” makes this a mouth-watering temptation! The price point of this dish is similar to that for KFC and can be a nice add-on to the pizza that you order, especially if the small pizza does not fulfill your desires and the medium one is too much to handle! So I would say that it is a “job well done” for Dominos and a “watch-out” for KFC!


Dominos 1, KFC 0

No comments:

Post a Comment