Sunday 15 September 2013

McDonalds Crispy Chicken Pops

Been to a McDonalds store recently? On display would be these huge images of delicious looking broken popcorn-like pieces with either chicken or spinach filling inside, with the caption saying “Introducing Crispy Chicken Pops at Rs 30/-“

Now immediately your mind wanders to the “Chicken popcorn” at KFC and you think, “Hmmm... So Mcdonalds decided to do a KFC here!” So I get all excited about this new product and rush to the counter to get myself one of those. Eager to taste and compare it with the KFC counterpart! That day I experienced the feeling of absolutely-sheer-colossal disappointment! Can be compared to the feeling an Indian cricket fan got when India saw an early exit from the 2007 Cricket World Cup! Imagine that!

If you are thinking, “Oh common! It’s Mcdonalds! How bad can it be?” Well I do not know where to start! Let me paint a picture for you!

Quantity: In Rs 30 you get 6 very very very small pieces of popcorn like substance (size as small as that of “under-cooked” popcorn!). Okay, that’s exaggeration but when you see it, you’ll know what I am talking about! There should be a limit to which the photos of the food items should be expanded!

Taste: is nowhere even close to what KFC has to offer! It’s not a first-bite-oh-wow kinda stuff and more of a taste that grows on you! They obviously don’t know what “crispy” means and by the time your tongue gives acceptance to the taste, game over!

Overall: That awkward feeling after you get conned and the lady behind the counter gives you that small packet and says with a smile on her face, “Enjoy your meal Sir!” MEAL??? Are you out of your effing mind girl!! Do I look like I am from Lilliput!!!

All said and done, my advice to you would be to spend that 30 bucks on something worthwhile and probably avoid the “Crispy Chicken Pops” even when served for free! I don’t think it will stay on the menu for long!


KFC 1, McDonalds 0

No comments:

Post a Comment